Welcome to an immersive online learning experience!
About the instructor
Manish Datt has a Ph.D. in Bioinformatics with more than fifteen years of experience in quantitative data analysis and scientific programming. Driven by his passion for teaching, he has designed and delivered multiple project-based courses to undergraduates in India and abroad. He has served as a resource person for various online training sessions related to coding and bioinformatics; which had participants from all across the globe. For more information about his qualifications and experience, please visit manishdatt.com.
Enrolment options:Please login to see available enrolment options for different courses.
Introduction to Python
Start your coding journey with Introduction to Python! The course is ideal for beginners to learn to program. Python is a modern high-level programming language that has applications in diverse fields.
What you will learn
- The course will start with an introduction to different Python packages, their installation, and setup. How to work with Interactive Development Environments (IDEs) such as Jupyter would also be covered.
- Fundamental programming concepts such as variables, operators, data types would be introduced. In addition, methods to parse these data types would also be discussed.
- Programming control and flow statements such as conditionals and loops would be covered in detail.
- We’ll walk through ways of performing Input/output operations; which include both interactive input and output as well as working with saved data.
- Some of the important libraries such as Numpy for numerical analysis and Matplotlib for graphical analysis would be covered in detail.
- The course would enable the learner to write customized functions. The importance of functions in programming would be discussed in detail.
- The course would also introduce the concept of classes and their importance in object-oriented programming. You’ll learn how to instantiate a class and declare associated functions.
- To help appreciate the application of programming concepts there’ll be modules that will guide writing code for interactive games and for creating graphical user interfaces.
Upon successful completion of this course, the learner would have an understanding of key programming concepts and would have acquired skills to code in Python.
Molecular Docking - Principles and Applications
The enrolment to this course is by registration only. Please visit this link for more information. If you are already registered then login to access the course contents.
Learn fundamentals of parsing and analysis of biological data. The course would cover different aspects of working with sequence and structure data of biomolecules. Algorithmic concepts and programming best practices will be discussed. Basic knowledge of Python is a prerequisite for this course. [This course is currently not accepting new enrolments.]